Friday, February 4, 2011

Day Three: Wait. Was THAT the wagon I was supposed to be on?

Today is Strange Little Man's and my 4 year wedding anniversary, so it's a bit of an odd day diet-wise for me.

Yawn-inducing data:

Current Weight: 205.8 lbs
Goal Weight: 140 lbs
Pounds Lost: 3.6
Pounds til goal: 65.8

Percent Body Fat: 42.4
BMI: 33.0

I'm excited that I've lost over 3 pounds so far this week, even though I know it's mostly water weight, and this trend will not continue for long. Last time I started Healthy Trim, I lost seven pounds the first week. I'm secretly hoping to beat that record this time.

I got up earlier than I had planned to go to the gym, I just couldn't sleep! I am super excited about this Cadet position. I'm trying not to get my hopes too high, because I know that many people will be applying for this position, and they will only be picking two people to go to academy. It is hard not to, though. I dream about it, think about it, live it, breathe it!

Gym consisted of a 5 minute warm up on the elliptical as it was cold this morning and I didn't want to just jump into strength training. After that, I did the "basic eight" (that's what Snap Fitness calls their 8 main weight machines that work all the muscle groups). I did two sets of ten on each machine. After that, I got on the treadmill to get running again. I alternated running and walking for 35 minutes. I am actually proud of myself, I ran the distance that I will be required to run for the physical test, 500 yards, 3 times. I know it doesn't sound like much, but after going so long without running, it's ain't too bad!

Breakfast was a blueberry scone and caffeine free herbal tea. It's a good recipe that I got out of my Cooking Light cookbook, but It's kind of dry, and I used almond slices instead of pecans. I think pecans (or walnuts, even) would give them a little more crunch. Lunch was leftover butternut squash soup and french bread with cheese on top. it is soooo good! (and much better on the second day!) For Dinner, Strange Little Man and I went out to an Asian restaurant. I had miso soup, some shrimp, and a TON of sushi. Then we went to the movie, and we shared a small popcorn and a soda. Then after we had ice cream. I went over my calories by... you ready? Almost 500!

I had a blast, though, so I'm not going to beat myself up TOO much. This can not turn into a trend!

No comments:

Post a Comment