Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Day One: Hooray for motivation!

So, obvs, this is my first day with my "brand new" diet. Yay. Let's get through the necesary boring data before I get to the good stuff:

Current Weight: 209.4 lbs
Goal Weight: 140 lbs
Pounds til goal: 69.4

Percent Body Fat: 43.0
BMI: 33.6

Went to the gym this morning, and laughed at all the people there (which I have stereotyped in my other blog, here.). Meanwhile, I struggled to breathe on Level One: "You're A Pathetic Excuse For A Fat Slob" on the elliptical machine.

Breakfast consisted of a misshapen Mickey Mouse pancake reject that I happened to scarf down while making The Monster's breakfast. Lunch was half a turkey sandwich and a cup of tomato basil ravioli soup that I ate between emptying everything out of the fridge that was growing and bleaching said fridge. Dinner was much better with some spicy honey-glazed chicken and oven baked tater tots that I actually got to sit down and eat. I even made little pies for dessert using graham crackers and instant cookies and cream pudding! I managed to stay under my calorie goal of the day by 121 calories! I figure if I'm within 200 calories, I'm good.

I started taking Healthy Trim today, Thankfully, I only took one pill, so I am not acting like a jittery meth addict. I've had energy to keep up with everything today, and I am super tired and ready for bed! One thing I did forget to do was take my before pictures, but I'll do that tomorrow. Still not sure if I should post them on here yet, or wait for 30 days or more. I'd hate to make anyone lose their lunch.

One thing I did notice was that I need to eat an afternoon snack. By the time dinner came around, I was grumpy and felt a little shaky.

I've picked up a couple of cookbooks that I plan on making most of my meals from. One is Hungry Girl's "200 under 200",  although I am going to have to modify many recipes because of my allergies to artificial sweeteners. The other is Cooking Light's "Mix & Match Low-Calorie Cookbook," which I will probably stick to more because I haven't seen any recipes that use artificial sweeteners. Also, the recipes are incredibly easy-looking. Key word: "easy-looking."

On the bright side, I have more motivation to get fit now! Yesterday, I applied for a police cadet position at our local PD. I'm going to need to get some shape again to pass their physical exam! But for now, I need a shower and some sleep. That is, if The Monster will stop calling "MOMMY!!!!!!" at the top of her lungs.

No comments:

Post a Comment