Monday, March 21, 2011

Days Thirty-Five through Fifty: Another Blur, or I'm Too Lazy To Post For Five Minutes A Day!

Holy moly! Can't believe it's been fifty days! In this blur, I have been pretty good, except for yesterday. Yesterday morning I weighed 193.8, then I binged on sandwiches and chips during our usual Sunday geekfest, and, well:

Current Weight: 196.2 lbs
Goal Weight: 140 lbs
Pounds Lost: 13.2
Pounds til goal: 56.2

Percent Body Fat: 40.0
BMI: 31.5

So, yeah, I'm a little disappointed in myself over that. but I'm hoping it's mostly just water weight due to the heart stopping amount of sodium I ingested.

Speaking of heart stopping stuff, I went to the doctor last week to for a check up on my thyroid and cholesterol. According to him, I've only lost five pounds. I must have gained and then started losing after I saw him last. Anyway, he was astonished at how much my bad cholesterol dropped. Apparently, it dropped by 35% which is unheard of for someone who is not on cholesterol medication. YAY!

Also, I decided to do my first 5K last week! A friend (fellow blogger Alayna)  and I did it together, and it was so much fun! It was on St Patty's Day, so it had a prize for the best green outfits. We didn't win. APPARENTLY, you had to be wearing a HAT to win that contest. We decided that we are so getting hats next year.

We got a few pictures of our walk/run:
Before- I love our nervous smiles.. "Do we REALLY wanna do this?"

At the water point. Alayna has the best cheesy faces! I'm so jealous!
After- Now THOSE are real smiles!

That's me- clowning around as usual.


Saturday, I decided that I had so much fun on the 5K, that a 10K should be twice the fun! But I knew there was no way I could run the whole thing, so I entered the hiker's challenge instead of the runner's challenge. I then discovered that in order to do the hiker's challenge, I needed to have a pack that was at least 20 pounds. Being the crazy person I am, I decided I would go balls to the wall or not at all! So I loaded up my camel pack (I think that's what they're called... the backpacks with the water bladders in them?) with water and hand weights and did it. I surprised myself. I took first place in the woman's division (I got a plaque and everything) and third overall.

I have a couple of pictures to share.... I will update with more when they post theirs to their website.



Me before- there's that nervous smile!

My super awesome plaque!
But I have to be honest. I was the ONLY woman. And there were only four hikers. So I guess I can only stretch my bragging rights a little. But you know what? I'm proud as heck! I had a blast and I never took a break during the whole thing. I am still super sore and exhausted, but I am proud!

No comments:

Post a Comment