Monday, April 4, 2011

Day Sixty-Four: I have a chin!

Current Weight: 192.2 lbs
Goal Weight: 140 lbs
Pounds Lost: 17.2
Pounds til goal: 52.2

Percent Body Fat: 39.2
BMI: 30.9

Gym today was 30 minutes on the elliptical at Level Two, and 35 minutes on the treadmill alternating between walking and running. I burned 717 Calories today.

Breakfast was a Power Bar. Lunch was Sesame chicken and white rice. Dinner was a grilled turkey and cheese sandwich with chips and salsa. After dinner I had a yogurt as a snack. My total for the day was 1,325 Calories, and I was under my limit by 602 Calories. 

Well, My attempt to get down to 180 before May First has got off to a bad start. But that's ok, I still have 26 days to catch up! Also, On the bright side, I was able to run for 8 minutes two times today! I don't know if I mentioned it, but I'm attempting to do the Couch 2 5K program again. I'm in the middle of week five and was having issues getting past running 5 minutes at a time. Honestly, I'm pretty darn proud of myself, especially when you figure that the first time I tried it, I couldn't even do day one!

The other day, I was going through my old Facebook photos, and I saw this one. It was from The Monster's first Halloween in 2008:

10/31/2008- I was at my heaviest- 230 pounds (maybe more- the scale and I weren't friends during this time in my life)
I was kind of shocked. I mean, I knew I was big, but just to look at the difference in my face between then and now is big. I started looking through what pictures I have in that time frame, trying to see if I have any from when I started losing weight (January 2009). I couldn't.

I did find this one from October 11th, 2008:

(I'm on the right)

Still not too attractive.... So I kept digging. Found this one from November 2008:


Was I really that big? I mean, look at that stomach hanging over my jeans! I kept digging. The next picture I found of me was from the Monster's 1st birthday party in May 2009:

Well, at least I'm standing in this one. Is that a smile or a cringe? This is after I lost 20 pounds and I still look big!

Maybe you'll understand my shock if I make a side by side comparison:
Left 10/31/2008, Right 3/26/2011
I don't know, maybe it's just me, but it still shocks the crap out of me! It's also nice to have found my chin!


Edit (Made later in the day):
Now that I think about it, it IS a big difference! In the the past 2-ish years, I've lost 40 pounds. I've gone from a size 22 to a 12. I feel better, I'm eating healthier (somewhat), and my cholesterol is WAY down! I think I'm going to print this out and hang it up for more motivation!

No comments:

Post a Comment